Costa Alegre is the most ambitious tourism development in Jalisco. With a plan for the next 30 years, it has attracted investments of more than 3 billion dollars.
After a delay in its progress due to the pandemic contingency, tourism in Costa Alegre is rebounding strongly. This corridor includes more than 250 kilometers of beautiful beaches, cliffs, jungles, river mouths, estuaries and mangroves, as well as several hotels (almost all small and some extremely luxurious). Crossing this entire tourist corridor from end to end takes around 4 hours by road. It is estimated that it has more than 40 beaches, many of them almost virgin.
With a view to competing with the Riviera Maya, this tourism megaproject aims to steal the spotlight from the mexican pacific. Soon it will be possible to arrive at the Costa Alegre by the Chalacatepec International Airport, which is scheduled to open in December 2020. Many millionaires and celebrities have already set their sights on the area: Richard Gere has a residence in front of the airport, and the former CEO of Banamex Ramon Hernandez invests in luxury developments in the region.
Tourist attractions in Costa Alegre
Costa Alegre is a tourist corridor with a combination of four municipalities, six bays and more than thirty beaches.
The project began in 2010. It includes the development and promotion of a splendid coastline of 160 km. located between the port of Manzanillo in Colima and Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco. It covers the municipalities of Cihuatlán, La Huerta, Tomatlán and Cabo Corrientes, as well as its coastlines of Barra de Navidad, Bahía Tenacatita, Costa Careyes, Bahía de Chamela, Costa Majahuas and Cabo Corrientes.
Each of the six zones into which it is divided are distinguished by their different geographical characteristics, their architecture and the various experiences they offer visitors. They are all united by a model of nature tourism who is looking for the sustainability in each of your offers.
Recommendations to visit as part of a trip to the Costa Alegre:
- Chimo and the Corrales Beach Lighthouse. Close to the site are also the attractive beach of Tehua, famous for the oysters that are cultivated there.
- Other notable beaches in the area are Punta Perula, Villa del Mar and mayto, quiet coastal communities, completely away from the urban noise, excellent for ecotourism and beach enjoyment.
- For him luxury tourism, Costa Alegre offers developments such as Zafiro, from the French company Louis Vuitton, which will be the most important luxury hotel in Mexico, located in Chamela Bay, on Careyes beach, within the municipality of La Huerta, in Jalisco. In the coming years, projects will be inaugurated One&Only and four seasons.
- For him nature tourism and disconnection The Cajón de Peñas dam is recommended, an idyllic fishing village with an exclusive local gastronomy. Cajón de Peñas is also the scene of The Xeneques, a paradisiacal vernacular hotel, offering cabins and an exclusive culinary concept in a private nature reserve.
An ecological and sustainable model
Starting in the 1990s, Costa Alegre was declared an Ecological Tourist Corridor by presidential decree. It will soon be recognized as a role model for the rest of the country's tourist destinations.
The project seeks to have a direct impact on social welfare, the economy, land use planning, and environmental protection. That is why it will permanently install a Socio-environmental Council and an Economic Council together with all the actors of society to meet their needs, the inhabitants and the visitors, prioritizing the environment.
- Motorcycle routes through Puerto Vallarta Mexico: an adventure full of adrenaline - 22 November 2023
- Tourism in Costalegre: The awakening of a sleeping giant - 10 June 2023
- Holidays on the beach: a gift that the body appreciates - 20 May 2023